Select the appropriate documents to apply for a mentor. Please make sure you’ve read and understood the info on the the Mentor Program page, have read the bios of mentors, and reviewed the Checklist document to ensure you’ve included all information!
Things to Note
- Only RMC-SCBWI members are eligible to apply
- One application per person
- The application package includes an artist’s statement. Please see the Checklist for more information.
- Select two mentors with whom you’d like to work, in order of preference
Writer Information and Application
STEP ONE: Review the documents below and follow ALL instructions for submitting your artist statement and writing sample.
Mentor Program Checklist for Writers
Read this carefully to ensure you’ve completed all steps and included ALL relevant documents!
STEP TWO: Complete online application form.
Illustrator Information and Application
STEP ONE: Review the documents below and follow ALL instructions for submitting your illustrator questionnaire and work sample.
Mentor Program Checklist for Illustrators
Read this carefully to ensure you’ve completed all steps and included all relevant documents!
STEP TWO: Complete the online application form.
Application Package Checklist
Make sure you include the following per the appropriate Checklist:
- Artist’s statement (WRITERS) or Questionnaire (ILLUSTRATORS)
- Manuscript pages or illustration samples
- Completed online application form
Payment will only be due if you are accepted to the program.