Questions? Contact Denise Schurr, Critique Coordinator: manuscripts.RMC.firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Now: Click Here!
Please read this page in its entirety, as it contains important information about your e-critique!
Deadline to submit is February 12, 2019 at 7 p.m.
E-Critiques: A bonus offering for an additional fee
Getting unbiased feedback on your work can be a priceless gift that can move your manuscript to the next level!
-For the Spring Workshop, we are offering e-critiques, which means there will be no face-to-face nor phone call feedback on your manuscript (regardless of whether the critiquer is e-faculty or in attendance of the event); rather you will receive feedback via email. You may choose who you would like to receive an e-critique from on a first come, first served basis.
-This optional add-on item costs $50.00.
-Attendees may register for a maximum of one e-critique. If you are unable to click on an e-critique option, that means the e-critique slots for that individual have been claimed and registration for this option is closed.
-PLEASE NOTE: All e-critiques will be given via email. This is a different process than how we manage critiques for our regional fall conference. E-critiques for the Spring Workshop will not be in-person nor verbal, but instead via email.
-Your e-critiquer may decide to either hand write or type their response.
-Attending the conference is required to receive an e-critique.
-No refunds or substitutions. If you miss the submission deadline, you forfeit the fee paid.
What you may submit:
Picture Books: One picture book manuscript, up to 10 pages. This means if your picture book is longer than 10 pages, you will need to find a natural stopping point and submit only 10 pages. No Illustrations, please!
Novels: Up to the first ten pages of a novel, and a 1 page synopsis.
Both picture book and novel submissions should be formatted as follows (or otherwise disqualified):
1. 12 point font
2. Times New Roman
3. Double Spaced (unless novel in verse)
4. One-inch margins
5. Please include last name and page number on the header of each page.
6. On the first page, please include your name, contact information, title of your work and category (ex Picture Book, Middle Grade, Young Adult). Drop down one space and then begin your manuscript.
7. Please do not include any illustrations.
8. For novels: You have the option of including a synopsis. Your one-page synopsis should be single spaced. Please note, your synopsis does NOT count in your ten manuscript pages; when you submit for a novel critique, you will have a total of 11 pages, one page being your synopsis. Please submit only one Word document that includes both the synopsis and manuscript pages. (No synopsis for picture books.)
General Submission instructions:
1. Deadline to submit your document for critique is February 12, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
2. Send submissions to Denise Schurr at manuscripts.RMC.email@example.com and please note when typing the email that there is an “s” in manuscripts. Attach your submission as one Microsoft Word document. In the body of the email, copy and paste documentation showing that you registered and paid for a critique slot. Please format the subject line as follows: Your Name, Spring, Your critiquer’s name. (Example: J.K. Rowling, Spring, Super-Agent-Name)
3. Once you submit your work, please make sure you receive a confirmation email that your critique was received. If you do not receive this confirmation email within five days of sending, please contact Denise Schurr at manuscripts.RMC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. You will receive your critique back via email no later than April 12, 2019.